Spirit of the Bull is the story of a brutal and blood-thirsty fighting bull named El Toron, known to have gored two matadors during an epic bull fight in Old Mexico. Though a famous matador eventually felled the mighty beast, El Toron’s story of blood, blades and freedom has become legend.
Born and bred for his aggression, the once wild and true native Spanish bull bloodline found in El Toron lives on today in his offspring who still battle merciless matadors in bull fighting arenas throughout Mexico.
In a strange paradox, this ferocious bloodline can also be found in the tranquil mountain regions of the interior where direct descendants of El Toron now roam in wild herds. News of El Toron’s death caused such a distraction that the ranch hands left the herd unattended. The bulls escaped from captivity in the late 1930’s only to re- establish themselves as the feral, free and majestic creatures they were created to be. His story of blood, blades and freedom will now be told!
- Winner: Bronze Palm Award, Mexico International Film Festival
- Winner of Accolade Global Film Competition (USA)
- Winner: Best Director of a Feature Documentary, International Film Festival of Madrid
- Winner: Jury Award, International Film Festival of Madrid
- Winner: Best Cinematography, International Film Festival of Nice
- Official Selection Cordoba International Film Festival (Columbia)
- Official Selection Madrid International Film Festival (Spain) 2016
- Official Selection Nice International Film Festival (France) 2016
74 minutes on 1 disc / Color and Black & White / A 2016 film by Edwin Brochin
HOW TO ORDER:
Public Performance and Digital Site Licenses are available through Soundview Media Partners. To inquire or to place an order, write to email@example.com or simply choose from the options below:
For group screening prices, please inquire.
In-home/personal use copies are available on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2CnWZT3
WATCH THE TRAILER